Connie's Chronicles 2007
Click on "play" above for your animated Xmas card...
Click on "play" above for your animated Xmas card...
Happy Holidays, everyone! I can't believe it's already been another year! Time flies. I'm still at Warner Bros. Animation, but who knows for how long. As I write this, the writers are on strike, but it doesn't affect animation as animation writers have their own writers guild (I guess they're not good enough for the WGA). My boss got laid off, so I'm wondering if my days are numbered here. I went to Hawaii with my friend Bryan and his family this year (we're just FRIENDS). I went kayaking/hiking to so
me secret falls (Same falls were Kate and Sawyer find the silver briefcase while swimming on Lost), took a tubing ride down an man-made irrigation ditch on a sugar plantation, and snorkeled on the Na'Pali Coast. I found out snorkeling was not for me. We went to a couple of luaus and you can see some of the dances on the links I posted here. I uploaded some video to youtube (search "BeTheBuddha").
In some sad news, my cat Max had to be euthanised this year. I actually have another cat, Obi, who is on daily thyroid meds that I thought would go first, for sure, but Max was a lot older than I thought (about 13-14 years old) and he went into liver failure. The day I took him to the vet was the day I had to euthanise him. It was very sad. Obi is touch and go but she still has some life in her yet.In some happier news, my friend Amy Nam, got married this past October to a wonderful man, Bruce Duclos. Unfortunately, the San Diego fires got part of their house and they
have nice big hole in their roof to show for it. At least the house wasn't completely destroyed like some homes were. As you can see from the pictures here, the fire was rampant and tore through the area. Luckily, all of my friends and family in that area were safe.Oh, I made it into TV Guide with the Reader's Jeer of the Week. Someone had posted something about Prison Break and I just had to respond, because you know, I can't keep quiet about inane things like that. I'm still writing the blog for Heroes
at tvfodder.com/heroes (see link on the sidebar). I dropped Bones, but I picked up writing the blog for Torchwood which airs on BBC America. If you get a chance, please take a looksie. I get paid by the click-throughs. Thanks.I went to Seattle for the first time earlier this year. I went to see The Police in concert up there as I couldn't get any tickets to see them down here (see my previous blog posts below for a review of the concert.) I really enjoyed it up there and would totally move up there if I had a job opportunity there. I could have lived at Pike's Market.
Avenue Q made it's stop here in Los Angeles and I went to see it. Totally hysterical! If you haven't seen it, you must buy tickets and catch this show. You will laugh from beginning to end. It's so un-PC that you can't help but laugh. Songs like "The Internet is for Porn," and "What Do You Do with a B.A. in English?" are some of the prizewinners in the show. I was lucky to get cheap tickets through a program called "Hot Tix." The seats were box seats near the front of the theatre and they were only $25! It makes me interested in seeing more shows!

My friends and I took a bus trip to the Vegas border for some shopping and gambling. I think it was about $15 round trip and they gave us a $10 voucher for food. My favorite slot was the Deal or No Deal slot. I won but then I lost, as usual. I scored some good buys at the outlets though.
The same group of friends and I will be going to Hearst Castle in December for a special evening tour of the Castle. It will decorated in Christmas lights so it should be pretty. Check back here for the blog on that.

Here are some pictures of my friend Paula, her friend Andy, and myself at Disney's "dis"-Enchanted Experience. If you would like to read my review, please click on the link here.
So, that's it in a nutshell. I hope you had a great year and that 2008 will bring with it smiles and goodness all around. Please keep in touch whether it's through email, phone, or snail mail.
No comments:
Post a Comment